1,645,000 total customers added in the quarter; best figures in 8 years
We're live from T-Mobile's Uncarrier 4.0 event at CES in Las Vegas where CEO John Legere has just announced preliminary Q4 2013 results for the carrier. We're of course not talking financial results, but rather customer acquisition and general network information. Here are the high points:
- Total customer acquisition of 1.645 million
- Branded net customer additions of 981,000
- 869,000 postpaid net customer additions, 69,000 of which were tablets
- 112,000 prepaid net customer additions
- Overall customer churn of just 1.7 percent
These numbers lead to the best quarter for T-Mobile in eight years. Legere claims that over 4.4 million customers moved to T-Mobile in 2013, of course helped greatly by those amazing Q4 results but also by Q2 and Q3 additions. In the previous two quarters, T-Mobile added more customers than all other carriers combined.