Top o' the morning, folks! It looks like the Sprint HTC EVO 3D has begun getting its update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. That's according RockLight from ye olde Android Central forums, and other folks are seeing updates as well.
We're not quite being inundated with reports of updates yet, so this could just be the initial trickle, or perhaps folks are just sleeping in, or gave up and went the custom ROM route already. Looks like folks are waking up and seeing this one across the board. The timing's right, as Sprint had said to expect it by early August.
As a reminder, here's what's new:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
So, be on the lookout for a 300-megabyte or so update, and try not to let your HTC Rezound-toting friends see you gloat too much.
More: EVO 3D forums; Thanks, RockLight!
- Related devices: