Looks like we've now got the manual update location for the Sprint Epic 4G's Gingerbread update, which means no waiting for it to actually push out to you. And because you're going to ask, yes, this is safe. It's exactly the same update you'd get if you wait, only you're not going to wait, are you. Here's how to do it:
- Download the update from Google.
- Rename the file to update.zip. (Make sure you don't do update.zip.zip if you're on Windows.)
- Move the update.zip file to your SD card (instructions).
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold the Volume Down and Camera buttons, then press the power button.
- The update should automatically launch itself. Sit back and relax.
- Reboot the phone.
It's that easy. Enjoy!
- Related devices: